Tuesday, January 12, 2010

time to dream

with the holiday crazies over, winter has really sunk into its groove - cold, bright, calm
I am a true New Englander - I love every single season - and I love winter because it is my time to dream
knitting, reading, sketching, planning my gardens for the spring...

I am also having so much fun creating special goodies for our guests this summer at our art retreat
Art in the Rough - August 13-16, 2010
I don't want to spoil the surprise but there are all sorts of vintage finds, art supplies, sewn bits & little treasures all artfully packaged in farmhouse-chic containers. There are special decorating touches I am creating as well to further add to the ambience of the event - extra tablecloths, throw pillows, banners, etc

Perhaps I will share small snippets of these projects in future posts...little bits to wet your whistle but not too much to spoil the surprise.

In the meantime, check out our website to peruse the fabulous workshops offered this year!

detail from my "dreamcage" workshop



Kecia Deveney - Lemoncholy's Studio


"Voices from the Heart"


"Snippets - Fabric Collage"


Robin Betterley - Betterley's Miniatures & Designs


"al-ter-a-tions"


"Footloose"

If you have not yet registered I highly encourage you to do so - classes fill up quickly.



detail from my "let it all hangout" mixed media garland workshop

1 comment:

  1. The performance artist artwork you posted has got me dreaming...love it!, but, personally, don't wear a tutu when performing.. just my preference... :) My fav life/art moments in 2009: http://vimeo.com/8850730

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails