Thursday, May 7, 2009

crazy, scary times

I've missed blogging so...but I have been MIA for awhile
I am trying to make time for myself - even if its just a teeny bit every day - but lately it has been just impossible.

Crazy Time - busy doesn't describe the full-tilt workload my hubby and I have taken on in the last 2 weeks. We had so much to do for our grand opening of our antiques shoppe (which went really well), expanding our plant stand for the year, blah, blah, blah...too much to describe. Painting shoppe signs, hauling loads of antique goodies, helping our dealers... I thought we would be buried in the mountains of "to do lists" LOL

Scary Time - our sweet, loveable, simply wonderful doggie has been very sick. His decline was so rapid and has been heartbreaking - one day he simply refused to eat his food (this guy LOVES to eat), by nightfall he was limping and by the next day we felt 2 tumors on his hind legs and one on his cheek. After numerous tests w/ the exception of checking for cancer, our vet did not have high hopes but thought there was a slight chance of infection and he has been on antibiotics for a week now. The first couple of days he actually got worse - tumors grew bigger and he moped around the house, mostly laying around. We brought him back to the vet for an emergency steroid shot. It perked him up. He seems to be doing better now and our fingers are crossed that the antibiotics are doing their thing. Everyone keeps telling me not to get my hopes up, but I will be crushed & grieving no matter what and I wonder...what is wrong with hope?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your pooch has been ill- hope he continues to make a good recovery!
    Love the blog and your art work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails