Friday, May 6, 2011

garden experiments

for some reason I just adore the look & feel of hay and straw
it just instantly gives me a warm, down-home farm feeling

so when I saw this gardening technique I was smitten
it is called of course STRAW BALE GARDENING
It is important to grow in straw, not hay, because you will have far less weeds plus straw sprouts are the easiest things ever to pull out.  It is not a new technique but I had never stumbled across it before
since I grow only organically, I will amend the conditioning process of the bales but other then that it looks like an easy-peasy project!
I am always open to creative garden experiments
read this past post and this one as well

Are You Trying Anything New in the Garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails